We are inviting organizations who value volunteerism to RECONNECT to their communities through volunteering for a positive impact.
An area of focus for World Values Day this year is reconnecting to our communities through volunteerism. World Values Day has collaborated with Altruize to help make this action-item measurable and intentional for participants throughout the world. We believe we have a unique opportunity this year to impact our world through an active showing of our values.
Organisations please register here.
About this campaign
World Values Day is a not-for-profit dedicated to expanding the knowledge, awareness and importance of values worldwide. Values are the things that are important to us, the foundation of our lives. They are deeply held principles that guide our choices and behaviours and influence our emotions. Values are the core of who we are. They are our motivators, our drivers, the passion in our hearts and the reason why we do the things we do.
World Values Day will call us to think about our most deeply held values and to act on them. If we are aware of our values and put them into action each and every day, we can change our lives and change the world we live in.
This year’s theme of World Values Day which is October 21, 2021 is “RECONNECTING.”
Celebrations will start around the world October 1st and run through Oct 21st. The pandemic has shown us the value in connection with ourselves and with those around us.
GOAL – To Strengthen the Sense of Community
1. Increase Engagement
a. Gives people the opportunity to put action to their values
b. Enables others to see, discuss, and take action
2. Increase Empathy
a. Directly connecting with the needs of the community
b. Identifying volunteering as a value
3. Increase Awareness
a. Awareness of the world as we all impact our world together
b. Be part of something greater than yourself
SHARE VALUES THROUGH
- A Global Poetry Showcase – https://valuesalliance.net/world-values-day-2021/
- Visual slides and storytelling – https://www.pechakucha.com/
- ValuesJam, a playful card game for values-led conversations – See “how to play” image below and Pre-order here; https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe10BDRcgU7qB6ofgmv4Z9-Sf1MLmoFUt2uJYvacZsR2nbhcg/viewform
- Share your value(s) through action – Choose your own community charity to dedicate an act of volunteerism (or a few) in honour of World Values Day during the month of October from October 1, 2021 through WVD on October 21, 2021.
SHARE YOUR IMPACT
REGISTER your organization by September 30, 2021 – that’s what you’re doing now 🙂
- Participate in one or more of the ‘Participation’ activities listed above
- Use the FREE Altruize app to record your participation – This allows World Vales Day to show the impact you’re making and inspire others
- Share your support of World Values Day by following WVD and Altruize social media channels and use the hashtags #worldvaluesday #valueofvolunteering #altruize
For doing the above your organization will receive a certificate of participation for you to share and inspire others!
We look forward to making some amazing, positive changes and with your help, it will be worldwide and full of impact!